“Hell is other people,” said French existentialist philosopher, Jean-Paul Sartre. But, if you choose your housemates wisely, it needn’t be that way. As UCL students, you can live happily together, support each other and make the best friends you’ll ever have. All you need to do is consider the following simple questions:
1. Budgets: do your spending limits match up? If not, can you still make it work?
2. Study hours: is your working pattern reasonably similar?
3. Courses: are you sure you want to share with someone who’s studying exactly the same subject as you?
4. Tidiness: are you super-neat or slovenly? Big behavioural differences can create friction.
5. Trust: how well do you know each other? Remember that contractually you’re responsible for each other.
From finding the right housemates to setting a rota, our videos reveal the secrets of living together successfully.